I think it’s become oddly more acceptable to complain about the small, trivial things that bother you than it is to take note of the special little moments throughout the day. It’s even maintained by a lack of naming conventions, for these simple moments, since there’s no antonym of “pet peeve” in the dictionary (and yes, I checked). Until there’s a word that describes those simple things that make you smile, I’ve decide to show you a list of my top ten.
1. When my favorite song is playing on the radio as soon as I start the car.
2. When I find money in my pockets that I had completely forgotten about.
3. When my friends just know that something is wrong, and are just ready to listen.
4. When drivers thank me for letting them pass or turn in front of me.
5. When I untangle a stubbornly knotted necklace.
6. When I catch my boyfriend smiling at me sweetly for no reason.
7. When I dress perfectly for temperamental weather.
8. When I climb under covers that have been freshly washed.
9. When the lights first dim at the beginning of a movie.
10. When I go out for coffee every weekend with my mom.
What are the little things that make you happy?