The other day I was in the drive-thru at Tim Hortons and when I pulled up to the window the cashier informed me that the person in front of me has already paid for my order. It was such a heartwarming feeling – a nice gesture from a complete stranger! Since then I’ve made it my personal goal to pay it forward and do one random act of kindness each day.
Below are 10 easy ways to lighten someones day:
- Smile! Yes, a genuine smile can brighten even the grumpiest of people.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Help an elderly bring groceries to their car/door.
- Throw garbage in the trash can and recycle. It may not seem like much to you, but trust me, the garbage collectors will be pleased!
- Pay for someone’s order.
- Offer to lighten someone’s day by picking up some of their slack.
- Post a video/song that brings a great memory to mind on your friend’s wall. They will remember those great times and feel lighter.
- Be an open person. Be light on your feet and a source of joy for those around you. Remember, positive attitude attracts positive outcomes.
- Tell someone how much they mean to you.
An added bonus to being kind and positive is that it shows on your skin. The more you frown, the more your skin crumples up and wrinkles appear. A happy person is more prone to a clear, beautiful face. And who doesn’t love that?
What are some ways you like to improve someone’s day?
Have a happy Monday everyone!