Whether you’re in the midst of exams or halfway through a hit and run week at work, you need to take time to decompress. Stress can have great impact on the body – from weight gain, to chronic headache, to increased risk of mental and physical illness. Make a mental note to take a break from the heavy duty and relax. Here are 10 of my favourite ways to kick back:
- Take a walk. Whether it’s just around the block or longer, a walk can help you clear your head and think clearly.
- Listen to silence. That’s right. This is an art you need to perfect, because we’re so used to always having noise around us.
- Throw a couple of slices of lemon in your water. I’ll do a separate post on healthy (and tasty!) water drinking habits later, but I will suffice to say that the slices of lemon will oxidize your body, making it easier for you to feel light – and lose those extra calories!
- Read an interesting article.
- If you’re at home, do 20 quick sit-ups. You will feel immediately energized, and it’s a quick way to keep in shape.
- Clean! Yes, doing the dishes is therapeutic.
- Light a candle. My personal favourite smells like a bonfire.
- Think positive thoughts.
- Eat your greens – and no, I don’t mean a $20 bill. It’s been proven that eating vegetables like brocoli and celery improve life quality.
- Breathe. Every so often, close your eyes and take a deep breath. This is a great way to relax if you can’t get away from your desk.
Another quick way to distress is to like us on facebook! Okay maybe not, but it was worth a try!
Have a great rest of your week!